AAN Associates is an international development consultancy based in Pakistan. AAN is currently working in over 24 countries globally. AAN is looking for a Report Writer with the following requirements:
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify key client needs and work collaboratively with a team of program manager and analysts, meeting deadlines and contributing to the assignment’s success.
- Interpret and consolidate qualitative, quantitative and literature review data into a meaningful report.
- Produce insightful reports via data-driven analyses on the most impactful trends.
- Create stylesheets and templates for reports, lead AAN Programs Management Unit (PMU) team’s trainings on Report Writing.
- Assist in the preparation of content for AAN’s Social Media posts, blogs, newsletters, etc.
- Perform other related duties and tasks including:
- Participate in the evaluation scoping discussions with the client and gain a clear understanding of the program and client’s expectation from the evaluation.
- Provide input to the project delivery team in preparing the Evaluation Matrix (EM), and review the data collection tools to ensure that they are aligned with the EM.
- During the inception phase, structure the Inception Report utilizing information conveyed during the scoping mission, and relevant data extracted by researchers from their desk/literature review.
- Participate in the trainings of local partners to brief them about the granularity of information expected from their field data, and how they can keep data quality checks during this process.
- Support the Assignment Managers and Data Analysts in preparing and populating the Findings Matrix.
- Work with the project delivery team in drafting reports, and PowerPoint presentations; and contribute to their dissemination sessions.
- Professional writing skills/ research experience about UN Agencies’ practices, preferably penning, editing, and proofreading evaluation reports.
- Proficiency working with data and with MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point), and any other relevant software.
- At least sixteen (16) years of education, preferably a degree in Social Sciences from a reputable/recognized university.
- Eight to Ten (8-10) years of similar work experience (preferably in research and evaluation), with consulting entities and social sector organizations, including UNICEF.
- Detailed know-how of report structure demonstrated through proven experience in report writing;
- Knowledge of Social sciences sector will be an asset;
- Proficient in extrapolating information from various data sources (including Qualitative, Quantitative and Desk research data).
- Competent Writing and Presentation Skills.
- Excellent command in written and spoken English is essential;
- Understanding of international development, resource mobilization, and the UN context;
- Good understanding of usability, optimizing content for the web and search;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.