Established in 2007, AAN Associates is one of the leading research and development consulting firms, with a growing portfolio of both national and international projects. AAN works with a diverse array of development partners such as IFIs, UN Agencies, public agencies and so on, enabling them to deliver their intended objectives.
AAN has successfully implemented over 110 projects in more than 25 countries in the Pacific/East, West and South Asia, Middle East, North Africa (MENA), and South and West Africa regions; and is reckoned as the practice lead for development evaluation with a global footprint, through its stellar track record of producing internationally recognized, award winning evaluations.
AAN Associates is looking for talented individuals to lead its Business Development Unit as a Head of Department/Manager!
Identification, Bid Development and Follow-up
- Lead formulation of Multiyear BDU Strategic Plan and translate that to Annual BDU Plans, implement, track and document learning to feed into the bigger plans.
- Lead/ supervise business scouting/scanning and shortlisting, preparation and submission of competitive and winning bids (both technical and financial), run quality checks, and follow-up with clients. Lead client presentations and negotiate on successful bids. Plan and implement handover of key bid documents of successful bids to Projects Management Office/PMU.
- Lead quarterly progress review and reflection meetings, adapt plans accordingly.
- Manage multiple sub-units and teams and take lead in coaching and mentoring.
- Lead and guide team to develop new templates, systems, and SOPs and update the BDU Manual.
Networking, Partnership Management & Communication
- Proactively seek out opportunities and attend national/global events to engage with potential clients and partners (including UN organizations, development financial institutions, multilateral donors, bilateral donors, international development partners, foundations, academic institutions, consulting entities, think tanks, NGOs and others in priority countries). Leverage networking for business development.
- Represent AAN at relevant industry/professional events to add to organization’s visibility
- Guide and supervise communication team/focal point for branding and marketing activities.
- Organize and expand databases developed for consultants/experts, bid writers, potential partners, and maintain regular contact with key stakeholders.
- Lead/supervise development, updating, and dissemination of AAN’s communication products including corporate profiles, website, and social media presence.
- Contribute to the AAN’s growth and strategy, and deliver on any task assigned by CEO
- Adhere and comply with AAN’s rules and regulations.
- An extrovert person with leadership, networking, and strategic thinking abilities.
- Demonstrated skills in leading teams/units in fast paced and time sensitive (deadlines driven) work environment.
- Exposure to international business development particularly in the development sector.
- Excellent communications skills in English, Urdu and others.
- Good people’s management, coaching and mentoring skills and experience.
- Strong computing skills in MS Office packages i.e., MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Ability to work independently and lead multicultural teams operating in different time zones.
- Extrovert, who enjoys building and maintaining relationships.
- Possess the ability to Articulate
- Meticulous & detail-oriented extent
- Lateral thinking ability.
- Not just a good starter, but a great finish
- Possess excellent writing skills.
Candidates can apply through website or alternatively candidates can send their cover letters and CVs to email@example.com with Subject Line : Head of Department/ Manager (BDU)