Established in 2007, AAN Associates is one of the leading research and development consulting firms, with a growing portfolio of both national and international projects. AAN works with a diverse array of development partners such as IFIs, UN Agencies, public agencies and so on, enabling them to deliver their intended objectives.
AAN has successfully implemented over 110 projects in more than 25 countries in the Pacific/East, West and South Asia, Middle East, North Africa (MENA), and South and West Africa regions; and is reckoned as the practice lead for development evaluation with a global footprint, through its stellar track record of producing internationally recognized, award winning evaluations. AAN is looking for an HR Officer with the following requirements:
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage, track and ensure compliance on all employee information and documentation as per the organization policies, including new hire required documentation, employee actions, performance reviews, progressive discipline, and termination.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Update organizational organogram according to business needs & update JDs accordingly.
- Ensure that performance appraisal system is in place and is carried out as per organizational policies & procedures.
- Should have knowledge of prevailing labour law & make sure that organizational policies are in line with the same.
- Contract management for staff, consultants & other stakeholders.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Update the organization polices as per the need.
- Take lead in preparation of annual budgets.
- Manage and record staff attendance and leave record.
- Maintain both hard and digital copies of employees’ records.
- Supervise the process of payroll, benefits; EOBI, Gratuity etc., or other HR programs and recommend corrective action.
- Preserve the employer-employee relationship through effective employee relations strategies.
- Develop in house training and development programs;
- Support teamwork through HR strategy, stronger employee relationships, leading to higher morale and motivation
- Supporting any other task as deemed necessary related with the Operations, Project Development, Project Management etc., or AAN’s other operations (consulting work and/or institutional management);
- Participating in staff meetings as and when required;
- Compliance with AAN’s rules and regulations;
- Support other staff members in maintaining a good conducive work environment and morale, and;
- Complying with AAN’s policies as are prescribed in AAN’s manual on Administration and HR, particularly maintaining confidentiality and security of AAN’s key information and documents.
- BBA/MBA Degree in Human Resources;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role;
- Experience with development/consulting sector in similar roles will be a plus,
- Ability to work independently and as part of diverse teams.
- Proficient in MS Suite applications
- Excellent/strong standards of verbal and written English
- Good problem-solving skills
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, relevant software)
- Strong interpersonal, listening and communicative skills
- Efficient in meeting commitments and tight deadlines in achieving results
- Ability to plan and organize work by identifying priority activities and adjusting priorities as required