Established in 2007, AAN Associates is one of the leading research and development consulting firms, with a growing portfolio of both national and international projects. AAN works with a diverse array of development partners such as IFIs, UN Agencies, public agencies and so on, enabling them to deliver their intended objectives.
AAN has successfully implemented over 110 projects in more than 25 countries in the Pacific/East, West and South Asia, Middle East, North Africa (MENA), and South and West Africa regions; and is reckoned as the practice lead for development evaluation with a global footprint, through its stellar track record of producing internationally recognized, award winning evaluations.
AAN is looking for a dynamic and experienced resources for the position of Evaluation Specialist. This a Senior Technical position, open for all modalities (remote/office-based/hybrid). The role involves overseeing PMU staff and all associated activities while managing projects/assignments from inception to project closure. This position is fixed-term (6 months) however it is also extendable based on initial performance.
As an Evaluation Specialist, the incumbent must lead development and implementation of Evaluation Management strategies, policies and practices. Moreover, they must enable compliance to AAN’s own systems, national/international laws and regulations, and clients’ policies and procedures (mostly UN agencies, bi-multilateral agencies). The position may require occasional national and international travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide the project teams to develop evaluation work plans and resource plans based on expectations set in evaluation ToRs and AAN’s technical proposal;
- Lead kick-off meeting/s with the clients (as technical focal from AAN) to seek clarifications around programme and evaluation expectations where required;
- Guide and moderate session/s with PTs to understand evaluation objectives and questions (as listed in the TORs/Proposals) and take lead in developing the Evaluation Matrix (EM;
- Develop the Inception Report (including Evaluation Tools; Analysis Plan) and improve the draft and final products based on internal and client feedback;
- Support project team in designing and implementing the training of field based resources (remotely or in-person);
- Implement AAN’s quality assurance protocols (data quality checks) for field data collection, consolidation and analysis;
- Guide and train PTs on data analysis, consolidate findings and lead internal review session with QA team;
- Produce draft/final Evaluation Report (ERs) and other end products such as policy briefs, final presentation and edit/improve report based on internal and client feedback;
- Lead presentations delivered to client for dissemination of evaluation findings and recommendations;
- Support PMO in setting templates, standards and other documentation for consistent and quality delivery of projects in future;
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Masters’ and/or above degree from a reputable university, preferably from an internationally recognized institute.
- At least Eight (8) years of work experience in designing and/or implementing evaluations for social and development initiatives.
- Prior knowledge of quality assurance mechanisms for evaluations applied by UN agencies.
- Candidates with a strong research background will be preferred.
- Must be willing to travel, nationally and internationally as needed.
- Excellent/strong standards of verbal and written English
- Strong Projects Planning and Management Skills
- Self-starter, Multi-tasker & resilient to work under multi-sectoral/cultural teams
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, relevant software),
- Strong interpersonal, listening and problem-solving skills
- Efficient in meeting commitments and tight deadlines in achieving results
- Ability to plan and organize work by identifying priority activities and adjusting priorities as required
Candidates can apply through website or alternatively candidates can send their cover letters and CVs to email@example.com with Subject Line: Evaluation Specialist