Established in 2007, AAN Associates is one of the leading research and development consulting firms, with a growing portfolio of both national and international projects. AAN works with a diverse array of development partners such as IFIs, UN Agencies, public agencies and so on, enabling them to deliver their intended objectives.
AAN has successfully implemented over 110 projects in more than 25 countries in the Pacific/East, West and South Asia, Middle East, North Africa (MENA), and South and West Africa regions; and is reckoned as the practice lead for development evaluation with a global footprint, through its stellar track record of producing internationally recognized, award winning evaluations. AAN is looking for an Evaluation Project Manager to work with our Project Management Team, with the following requirements:
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Anchor the evaluation execution following the contract signing to close-out by taking lead at each step (i.e., planning and initiation, research design, literature review, kick-off, inception, field planning, data collection, data processing/management, analysis, reporting, dissemination, and knowledge documentation) of the project/evaluation.
- For the assigned evaluation, coordinate with AAN’s Programs Management Unit (PMU) staff in planning and documentation of the ‘Project Inception Phase’. This may entail team-based discussions to plan and document detailed project delivery plan (i.e., work plan with clearly stated deliverables; budget; resource costing and recruitment plan, including scope of work including deliverables and quality standards for any consultants and sub-contractors), and identify any support required from AAN’s Operations Unit.
- Provide technical leadership to capture and communicate evaluation results, as well as ensure high-quality, timely, valid, and verifiable data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Interact with the client and AAN’s Core Project Delivery Team (CPDT) to design the evaluation and develop or refine Scope of Work (SoW) in accordance with the organizational policy, its operational guidelines, and standards.
- Prepare and oversee implementation of field plans for quantitative and qualitative data collection. The plans must include processes/mechanisms and guidelines for quality assurance and compliance to the client’s standards and requirements; any possible risk and their mitigation strategies, or necessary corrective actions/ crisis management (whenever required).
- Handle and manage recruitment, deployment and overseeing the work of local project teams, consultants, and partners; and provide technical input pertaining to their contracts management.
- Perform internal quality assurance function for delivery of products/deliverables.
- Oversee and report on implementation of work plan and planned activities.
- Support and in some cases lead in the development of reports and deliverables pertaining to the assigned evaluation as per AAN’s quality standards and client’s requirements
- Lead documentation and record management and produce a concise Project Closure Report (PCR).
- Master’s degree in social sciences, from a reputable National/International University.
- The candidate must bring at least 5-8 years of experience in managing projects, relevant to monitoring, evaluations and research in the development sector.
- Background in planning and managing multi-sectoral research, design and implementation of M&E systems, and leading independent assessments
- Good communications (written and verbal) and client management skills.
- Understanding/background in any of the following thematic areas will be an added advantage: WASH, Health and Hygiene, Education (focusing on out of school children) etc.